Monday, January 4, 2016

A Banquet of Consequences ( Inspector Lynley No. 19) by Elizabeth George ****

My first read of 2016, I read it all and I enjoyed it!  Now it was a little long, but it was good to have Barbara back in full form, leopard print high- tops and all. Inspector Lynley seems to have fallen in love with the veterinarian, Daidre ( I don't know to pronounce her name), and she finally seems willing to commit to him as well. But the villainous Caroline Goldacre is a work of art by Elizabeth George- talk about a manipulative mother, nasty bitch of a wife, fawning employee- she leapt right off the page.
I didn't even finish # 18, it was so long and unwieldy, so I did hesitate downloading it, but since George  has been a favourite mystery writer for over twenty years, I had to give her a chance. I'm glad I did!

No comments: