Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachael Joyce ✔✔✔✔✔

FINALLY - a book I could fall into!  First off, I must say I tried reading Elizabeth George's new book  '"The Edge of Nowhere" but gave up on it, too - it was just plain boring and so predictable.

But this one was marvellous - Harold Fry gets a letter from Queenie, a co-worker from 20 years ago, telling him she is dying of cancer. He writes her a letter and takes it down the road to post it, then somewhow decides he would rather deliver it in person, and not only that, but he would walk to 800 miles to get to the hospital where she is spending her last days.

It's the story of friendship, marriage, love and loss, and how at age 68, Harold finds himself again in the journey.  I LOVED this book and I didn't want it to end.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Margaret

Is this the same book as "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry" by Rachel Joyce? I'd like to read it.

Barb Derbyshire

Margaret said...

Yes, it is, Barb, and I just realized my error in typing the title when I saw your comment.