Saturday, February 14, 2009

AUDITION by Barbara Walters

This is a long book, or at least it seemed so to me, because I read a large-print edition.  But Barbara does repeat herself quite often, even though she has a lot to relate, for sure. I didn't realize her family situation: father the developer of the Latin Quarter revue, her autistic sister, etc.  She seems to carry a lot of guilt over her sister all throughout her life, and at times you really just want to say:"Get over it, Barbara".

She also seems to be a person who wants it all: she is close to her family, has many, many friends, and yet talks about being lonely quite often. She certainly was a flag-bearer for women in TV journalism, and I respect her for that, but I don't think she could have been all that easy to get along with.

I admit I skipped some parts of this: chapters that discussed things or people I wasn't interested in.  Of course, the most interesting chapter was"Monica". 

No comments: