Saturday, August 31, 2013

Summer Reading Recap

I noticed this morning that I haven't got too many books recorded on this blog for the past two months or so, but I only record the ones I've completed - I have a number of books "on the go" at any one time.

So I thought I'd list them here, more to remind myself when I'm looking for something to read ( as if that will ever happen!).  I always have a couple of non-fiction hanging around or on my Kindle/iPad, and books about spirituality are regularly read and reflected upon.

Currently Reading Non-Fiction:

Jazz: A History of America's Music by Ken Burns and Geoffrey C. Ward

The 36-Hour Day: A Family Guide To Caring For People Who Have Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementias and Memory Loss - Mace and Rabins

Spirituality:

Immortal Diamond  - Richard Rohr
Falling Upward       - Richard Rohr ( Study Group selection for 2013/2014)

Hildegard of Bingen: A  Saint For Our Times - Matthew Fox
The Greatest Prayer: Rediscovering the Revolutionary Message of the Lord's Prayer - John Dominic Crossan

(Interesting to note that all four titles above have been written by Catholic writers.  All of them are former priests!)

Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom - John O'Donohue

Book Club Preparation:

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel Joyce
Ernie's Gold: A Prospector's Tale - Brian Martin




No comments: