Thursday, July 25, 2013

Most of Me:Surviving My Medical Meltdown by Robyn Levy ✔✔✔

This woman was interviewed for a CBC radio series called Coping, and when I heard that she'd been diagnosed with Parkinson's at age 38 , then breast cancer two weeks later, I knew I had to read it.

She has an irreverent, but spot-on wit : her prosthesis is called Dolores, when she cries she calls that "person" Cry Lady , her loyal dog Nellie, her many friends who help her through the disease.  Her father also has Parkinson's.

A quick read, but a good one. Recommended for younger women diagnosed with either disease.

I'm glad to have actually finished a book!  I started reading Inferno by Dan Brown and had to put it down simply because I just didn't care. I'm reading a bit of Richard Rohr, but found that hard slogging. I was glad to find something I actually wanted to finish reading!

No comments: