Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The High Road by Terry Fallis ✔✔✔✔

Our Book Club has just finished discussing The Best Laid Plans, Fallis' first book, which I have talk about elsewhere on this blog - May, 2011. Everyone enjoyed it so much that I thought the sequel, The High Road, would be a good segue, and it certainly was.

Angus has brought down the government in BLP, and now there's a campaign for the upcoming election, a few momentous trips in Baddeck I, Angus' hovercraft, a romance between Daniel and Lindsay, a visit from the US President and First Lady to Angus' home, all kinds of hi-jinks, and just a rollicking good story, well-crafted and a hoot to read.

I'd like to mention also that I invited our MP, Charlie Angus, to our book club meeting way back in September. He never replied, and I was disappointed in that. I didn't put any pressure on him, but it would have been nice if he'd even acknowledged my invitation! Mind you, the NDP doesn't contribute much to this story - it's more a Liberal/Conservative kind of thing.

No comments: