Monday, May 30, 2011

If I Stay - and - Where She Went by Gayle Forman ✔✔✔

I put these two books together, because the second one is a sequel. These are young adult books, and both were highly recommended in blogs that I read. I was intrigued by these books, first because the story is about a young classical cellist, Mia, and her boyfriend, Adam Wilde, who is a star in a rock band, and also because in the opening pages, Mia's family suffers a terrible tragedy, which Mia alone survives. The first novel is told from Mia's perspective, and the second one from Adam's, so it's interesting to see how events unfolded from one another's vantage point. These were easy reads for me, but entertaining enough.

I guess it must be bcause I now have a Kindle, but in the past month or so, I've been reading several books at the same time - my last three entries here have all been read at the same time, and I have three others on the go right now. I read whatever I feel like at any particular time. The fact that they're all non-fiction makes it more possible to do this, and actually as I'm writing this, I just received a book I won on Book Browse - My Reading Life by Pat Conroy, so I'm going to sit right down now and start it, so I guess I'm up to four at a time!

No comments: