Sunday, January 9, 2011

Unbroken by Laura Hillebrand ✔✔✔✔✔

The next time I think life is tough, or I'm not getting a break I deserve, or I complain about how I'm treated, I hope I think about Louis Zamperini, the subject of this book. Louis is now 93, the survivor of an odyssey like no other I've ever heard of, even more amazing that every event, every hardship, every example of man's inhumanity to man, or the tiny glimmer of spirit that kept the faintest hope alive actually happened.

I began reading this after Mike was about halfway through it, and read it in just a few days - jealously eyeing it while Mike was taking his turn reading it, anxious to see if Louis could possibly live through another day.

Everyone should read this book, if only to see a living example of true grit and courage. Would I - could I - ever be the tiniest bit like Louis? I doubt it, but just having Louis as a role model makes it possible.

No comments: