Friday, May 21, 2010

Fear The Worst by Linwood Barclay.✔✔✔

Every now and then, particularly after reading a fairly intensive novel, I feel the need for something light and easy. This filled the bill perfectly. I enjoyed reading Linwood Barclay when he wrote for the Toronto Star, and I have already read Too Close To Home, one of his earlier thrillers. It's interesting to me that he sets his stories in US locales, yet writes with a distinctly Canadian flavour, a flavour I can't even identify except that the characters, the unfolding of the story, the humour, the tongue-in-cheek attitude all indicate Canada to me, not to mention the fact that although there are murders, they're not as violently, sickeningly described as so many authors do, so I guess it's a marketing thing, because his novels appear regularly in US bookstores.

No comments: